Sunday, January 27, 2008

Vail & Keystone




Went for an 8 mile hike Friday in a canyon West of Denver. Spotted a red tailed fox and a herd of mountain goats. Headed to Vail Saturday morning and spent the weekend on the mountain. Beautiful, expansive and expensive ($92 for a lift ticket!) but the 5" of powder helped. First time I've experienced powder - up to my knees in many spots. Spent the day with Sharona and some of her friends. Apre' ski then back to the condo for a birthday celebration. I was informed I had to wear a flower and a necklace in order to gain entrance to the hot tub, hence the flower and necklace;)

Met Ray at Keystone Sunday and hit the slopes for some great runs. Hit some moguls and spent a lot of time in the trees. Too bad I didn't bring my camera for the best shot of the day.

Resting Monday and packing for Utah. They just got hit with a storm and had somewhere between 1 and 3 feet of powder. More on the way. As long as I can get there it promises to be incredible! More to come.

No comments: