Monday, January 21, 2008

Breckenridge at last

I was excited to get up Sunday morning as we were making the drive to Breck to pick up my season pass and ski for the day. What a great drive. The scenery was breathtaking as we drove through the mountains and across the Great Divide. I'll take pics Tuesday as we're headed back then.

The skiing was great and although I am fairly well adjusted to the altitude I still don't have my ski legs. I'm good for a half day no problem but the lactic acid gets me late in the afternoon. Gotta find a gym nearby and get to work. I thought I was prepared for this - not!

Drove by Red Rocks on the way back. Can't wait to catch a show there. Lenny Kravitz is in town tomorrow night but it's a small venue and sold out. We entered a drawing with a radio station outside of the REI downtown a couple of days ago so there is still a chance, albeit a small one.

More snow today and very cold so it's a day to rest. It's a holiday after all - a day off, right?

No comments: