Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Santa Fe



Yesterday I spent the day in Santa Fe. Only an hour from here and a beautiful drive. Met with a friend of mine (thanks for thinking of me Jan) from a few years ago then hit the Plaza downtown. Santa Fe is the capital of NM (and it's the highest elevation of any state capital) and has a very historic downtown, which also hosts a thriving arts community. It would be a fantastic place to live. Hmm. Kinda pricey.

Only have one pic to share, it's a bronze sculpture of an indian and a cougar. The artist had a work in progress inside. It was a huge clay model that was almost ready to be shipped to the foundrey for casting.

Since my sister was able to score a pair of BCS tix for me, I picked up a very pretty turquoise necklace. I hope she likes it.

Thinking of heading to Taos tomorrow to ski for an afternoon then off to Denver Friday so I can hit Breckenridge Sat & Sun. Utah is right around the corner too. We rented a house 1 mile from Brighton. Must visit Alta as well.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Can't wait to wear the new necklace, thanks bro!