Friday, January 11, 2008

Sandia Park, NM




Drove to Carlsbad Cavern in the AM and spent 3 hours touring the caves. It was awe inspiring - highly recommended. Pics didn't turn out so well as my flash wasn't strong enough. There are photos on the web site if you are interested: http://www.nps.gov/cave/photosmultimedia/index.htm
Drove to Roswell, NM for a lunch break (note to self - do NOT eat "mexican" food while on the road) then had an afternoon drive to Sandia Park. I'm glad I filled her up before leaving Roswell as there is nothing on that route.
I took Route 285 to 40 West (Historic Route 66) and got to view a spectacular sunset for what seemed like 40 minutes. I hear that's normal so I'll take a pic soon. The pic of the horse & mountain was taken this morning on Lisa's front porch. Sweet view, huh?
Looking to hit Santa Fe tomorrow as the ski conditions are fantastic.

No comments: