Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The skinny




For those of you not aware of my situation, here's the skinny.
I recently sold my home in Hilliard after a year on the market. Being single with no children, Hilliard was not on my top 100 places to live. Three weeks prior to my accepting an offer on the house, my good friend sold his home in Grandview. The home I was going to buy. The hot tub and general proximity to the Thirsty Ear were big selling points, and the neighborhood was great. Lots of potential there. It was disappointing to say the least, but on to plan B. With the closing scheduled three weeks out, I had little time to find alternate living arrangements. My sister, not wanting me to end up in a van (Acura) down by the river, opened her home to me. A week after that, I found myself at work sitting at my desk thinking I'd rather be just about anywhere else but there. Seriously - how long can a person sit at a desk and be subjected to Daughtry singing "I'm coming home" 4 times a day? I decided (some would say on a whim) that I was in a perfect position to make some big changes. How big? Well, on Friday November 2nd at 3:30 pm I told the person (Hi Kristy!) to whom I reported that I had enough and I was moving on. Time to travel. So we immediately went to Happy Hour, god love her.......
Unencumbered with crazy shit like a job and a place to live, I was free at last.
So here’s the plan:
Off to Raleigh for a few days, then to Charlotte. I’ll make it to Atlanta for as long as EB will allow me to stay so I can check out the talent in that town. Tampa for Christmas and New Years then off to New Orleans for the BCS Championship game. Yes, that’s right – I missed the last two (damn job) and I’ll be there this time. Next stop is Albuquerque to visit a great friend. After that it’s off to Santa Fe and Taos, NM where I will ski and check out the sights. Denver is the next stop where I will crash at Ray’s until my season pass at Breckenridge and A Base expires. We’re renting a cabin near Salt Lake City for a week in late January for a ski trip then back to Denver for the remainder of the ski season.
After that? I have a friend in Budapest and I just got my passport……..

No comments: