Wednesday, December 5, 2007

On to Raleigh

I finally hit the road Monday and drove to Raleigh. It's a great town and I have been here several times in the past year.

Thanks to Tom Wedding for hooking me up with a sweet place to stay: http://www.caraleighmills.com/
Eric & Penny have been fantastic hosts. No thanks to Brooke for her Johnny Knoxville move ;)

It was a quiet start so far. Got up and hit the gym, had breakfast then drove downtown. Met my friend Brian Henderson for lunch at Bogart's - that would be a great place on the weekend. Too bad it's Tuesday. Took a tour of the statehouse and the NC Museum of History including the Sports Hall of Fame.

Eric took me on a tour of the local paper last night - The News & Observer ( http://www.newsobserver.com/ ). Pretty cool operation as we got a close look behind the scenes. Saw one of their Pulitzer Prize awards as well as the bust of the person who was responsible for the phrase "cup 'o Joe".

On to Charlotte this afternoon. Thanks again to Eric & Penny for allowing me to stay with them!!! If I come across more hosts like you I will have a fantastic trip for sure.

No comments: