Thursday, April 16, 2009

Whew

Well, I've been busy lately. Working Avs, Mammoth, Nuggets and concerts non stop. WTF am I thinking? This all started as a way to see shows at Red Rocks and I've dropped into the machine that sucks the life force out of people on the low rung of the socioeconomic ladder. I feel sorry for many of these folks. One guy the other night went on about how he just got his disability approved and he was about to get a check for the previous year's benefits. He went on and on about how he was going to buy a condo, a Harley and a pickup. As he was standing right next to me I pretty much had to listen. On and on he went. All his grand plans. He couldn't stand it any longer when I didn't pry as to how much he was getting so he felt compelled to share with me the amount of his windfall. $12,000. No, I'm not missing a digit. It was like he hit the lottery.
Anyway, the Nuggets are in the playoffs and I'll be working on teh 300 level which means I am an Usher and tell people where their seats are. I pretty much watch 80% of the game and I have a great view.
The last two nights I worked at the Fillmore (it's 1 mile away so I can walk there) for a show featuring Fall Out Boy. There were 5 bands playing each night (no, 50 Cent wasn't scheduled) and it was a teenage girl's dream show. Good grief. Shoot me. I ended up guarding the tour busses after the show which also involved keeping the autograph seekers on the other side of the rope. Shoot me with a 12 guage. Got home at nearly 2 am.
The RMAC is hosting a Beach Party at A-Basin this Saturday and I'll be there. Should be fun although the weather will be sketchy. Might get some fresh snow so skiing may be good. I'll let you know how it goes.....
Getting all kinds of hits on My Space from former classmates as my 25 year reunion is this summer. I'm thinking of going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that whole entire post was *hilarious*!!!!!
We're thinking of going to the reunion too, how much fun would that be!
Your Sis