Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ski Bum

Well, the season is wrapping up. Too soon as usual. We have a RMAC Beach Party at A-Basin on the 18th which will make it 28 times I've hit the slopes this season. And that's with a horrible March (warm weather). I sure was spoiled last year. Ray broke his ski last week at Breck - split the edge in two and popped his P-Tex. I know - it sounds like a medical condition!

Looking forward to backpacking this summer as well as heading to Utah at some point before it gets too hot. One thing I've learned is that Ohio has nothing on the crazy weather scene. 80 one day and a blizzard the next. Head up to the high country and see some really crazy weather. Ray & I came down the hill last Friday and encountered some of the worst weather I've seen. Roads were horrible and two jack knifed trucks created a multi car pileup outside of Silverthorne. That closed the Eisenhower and another pileup towards Georgetown added to the misery of Front Rangers trying to hit the slopes. Many turned around. Glad we were going the other way.

I've been to many Avalanche games and a few Nuggets & Mammoth (LAX) as well as some concerts at the Fillmore right up the street on Colfax. The Mammoth put on a great show - highly recommended. Rockies opened up with a loss to the D-Backs - big surprise there - and I can get $10 tix to the games. I don't care how bad they are - that's a good time.

No comments: