Friday, February 6, 2009

WOW! What a great day







THe forecast called for sunny skies and a high around 70 so I shot out of the crib and headed to Red Rocks for a hike. Took some cool pics and had a great hike. It was so warm I was sweating. Got back to the car and drove to Fossil Trace in Golden to play 9. Got there early and sat on the patio for a bite to eat. Hit the range then headed to #10. Was paired with a guy named Kevin when the started called to us to wait. This guy came strolling down the hill with his pull cart. Teed it up and smacked it down the fairway. Turns out John was 75 and was walking 18. Mind you, this isn't a flat Ohio course. Major hills everywhere. This guy could play too! I started off poorly but regrouped. Had one of my 3 birdie putts lip out. Played from the tips too. That R7 Draw was a great gift - thsnks again Dad!!!!! I actually played one fairway shot from a snow bank. I wouldn't recommend that. This is the course where you can see dinosaur tracks next to hole #11. Way cool. Aslo saw a coyote strolling across the #1 green / fairway when we approached #18. Keep your pets close! FInished 18 with a bomb of a drive right down the middle, an great 8 iron then stuck my lob wedge to 1 foot. On of the best shots I've ever made. Made the birdie putt. Then I had to high tail it to the Pepsi Center for the Avalanche game. Got to watch the entire game and got out early so I joined a few buddies from Red Rocks at Brooklyn's for a special 2 for 1. All in all it was a great Thursday. A little cooler today with a chance of snow this weekend. Hope it gets cold - ski season is in full swing and Lisa & Nate will be here in tho weeks for their ski trip. They're the couple I went to Utah (stayed with them in NM as well) with last year. They're staying in Frisco at the ind of the month so I'll ski with them for a few days.

No comments: