Monday, February 9, 2009

Acura update



Got the car back last Friday after two weeks in the shop. It looks like new! They did a great job with the repairs. I tried to negotiate a deal with the repair shop to cover my deductible and he agreed to do some additional work instead. The side mirrors and door handles were painted as they were faded pretty bad. He also got State Farm to pay to have the hood repainted. Cathy's friend Henry owns a car dealership and referred me to a tire shop and they gave me a 10% over cost discount. The wheel / tire combo I selected was less than what I was given to buy OEM wheels so I more than made up for the deductible. All in all it worked out great. Icing on the cake is the off street parking I secured with a friend who lives nearby. Picked up the garage door opener today. When I picked up the car the security feature on my car stereo had been activated so I called the company and after answering several questions they walked me through the activation sequence so I have tunes again.
So Stace - no need to root through the storage unit for that CD ;)
Headed to Breckenridge yesterday and was disappointed with the conditions. It was thin and icy. We only stayed for a few hours then headed back. Ran into traffic so we caught the frontage road to Idaho Springs where we had lunch at the Tommyknocker Brewery. Had a buffalo burger with a beer. They were out of the Cocoa Porter on tap already but I picked up a 12 on the way out. Great beer! Scored the condo at Breckenridge for the long weekend so looks like we'll head up Friday. Hope they get some snow by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh good, I wasn't really looking forward to rooting around the storage unit, who knows where that CD is! :-)