Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hamish in Denver

My good friend Hamish is visiting from Hungary for a week so I'm putting on my tour guide hat. Started off with a walk around the park then a visit to REI downtown then took him to LODO's for a rooftop beer. We stopped by the apartment to figure out what to do for dinner when his phone rang. His two friends from Budapest had missed their flight from Salt Lake City to Kona with no more flights until the next morning. So we told them to hop on a flight to Denver. Picked them up an hour and a half later then I scored a reservation at Table 6 for the Denver Restaurant Week's $52.80 special. Had a blast although the 4:30 am trip back to DIA sucked.
Next stop - Red Rocks for the afternoon. It was a nice warm day and we hiked the lower loop by the Trading Post them walked around the ampitheater and even ventured beneath the stage. Had a Blue Moon at the Visitor's Center on the patio out back. High was 67!
Back at the crib Ray stopped over then Lisa & Nate dropped in from Albuquerque on their way to Frisco for a week of skiing. Ambereen and I made a great dinner and it turned out to be a party. Good times for sure.
Hitting the links today as it'll be 70. Headed to the high country tomorrow to ski for a few days and I think we scored the Vail condo this weekend.
Hey, if I'm not working I may as well have fun, right?

No comments: