Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Morning Jacket / The Black Keys @ RR

Great show!

My Morning Jacket - The Black Keys
Thursday, August 21, 2008 — 7:30PM
doors open at 6:00PM

With The Black Keys
$40.00 RES, $36.00 GA - Ticketmaster - plus applicable service charges.
AEG Live is excited to announce MY MORNING JACKET featuring THE BLACK KEYS performing at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Thursday, August 21, 2008.

My Morning Jacket explosive sound garners mighty praise. David Fricke reviewed My Morning Jacket’s recent SXSW , he said “You could keep biting your nails, waiting for a Zeppelin-reunion tour. Or you can see My Morning Jacket, here and now, make their own Physical Graffiti in your face.”

“There’s a theme of moral confusion that runs through the whole record,” says Jim James, frontman of My Morning Jacket, explaining the title of the band’s new album, Evil Urges. “The world today is such a confused place. Things that people think are good values are obviously twisted, but there are other things considered evil that obviously aren’t. There is real evil out there, but Evil Urges is about how all of these things that you’ve been told are evil really aren’t, unless they’re actually hurting something or somebody.”

It’s ambitious territory for the group’s fifth full-length studio album, and it’s matched by the most far-ranging, surprising, and satisfying sounds of their career. From the freak-funk electro-slam of “Highly Suspicious” to the contemplative “Sec Walkin’,” which could almost be a Nashville standard, on Evil Urges, My Morning Jacket displays the scope and fearlessness that demonstrates their growth into one of the world’s great rock & roll bands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was my first show at Red Rocks and My Morning Jacket more than lived up to my expectations for the venue. I am in love with this band!