Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy busy busy


Whew - where do I start? Drove to Silverthorne last Friday and stayed at a friend's condo (nice indoor hot tub)as Ambereen had a wedding to attend. We got up on Saturday and wandered around town and found the location for the wedding. After getting ready we hit the Tiki Bar at Dillon Lake for a pre-wedding beverage. The ceremony was short and sweet (I had haircuts that took less time) then we enjoyed drinks and dinner. Drove back to Denver to attend a pool party at Dennis and Kenny's homes in Wash Park. Ended up in the hot tub until 3 am. I'm getting way too old for that! Slept in til nearly 11 am on Sunday! Enjoyed big paper day as much as I could then we had a progressive dinner cruise around City Park that evening. Four houses surrounding City Park so we rode our bikes.
Didn't do too much on Monday but rest.
Worked the Jethro Tull show at Red Rocks last night. What a prima donna Ian Anderson turned out to be. Worst one yet. Signs posted from the entrance to the park to the venue itself requesting that everyone sit down during the performance, no whistling, shouting or other loud noises. Oh, we were told the audience could stand for the encore. Also, patrons were not allowed to move to their seats during a song. I was seated at the front of the stage and after the opening act a roadie came out and barked "who was the security guard sitting in this chair?" I said it was me, to which he replied "you're sitting right in front of Ian's speaker and he won't be able to hear properly. That is not good. You need to move your chair further in that direction." Whatever. WTF was this, a concert performance?
Lot's coming up over the next two weeks and I'll do my best to keep you updated.

No comments: