Monday, June 10, 2013

Boulders Beach

A few weeks before I left Colorado I watched a show about the penguins at Boulders Beach in South Africa. I thought it was fascinating that they mingles with humans in this community. Little did I realize that I would be in this exact spot less than 2 months later. They are hilarious to watch and one could spend hours there just enjoying them entering and exiting the ocean.

Cape Town has become famous for its African penguin colony located in Simon’s Town. These quaint flightless birds are of one of the main eco-tourism attractions in Cape Town. You can view the penguins at close range from elevated boardwalks or for a more intimate experience, head to Boulders Beach where you can swim with the Penguins! African penguins are a vulnerable species and each September a Penguin Festival is held in Simon’s Town to raise funds for their conservation.

No comments: