Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lions Head, Signal Point and Camps Bay

The first weekend was full of adventure as Ambereen refused to allow me to sleep during the day so as to adjust to local time as quickly as possible. On Saturday we had a wonderful breakfast at a seaside restaurant then drove to a winery just outside of town. It was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed their offerings. She is a great tour guide and I got to see some incredible sights already. Cape Town is such a gorgeous city. We drove up to Signal Point and watched several paragliders take off. It's something we plan on doing while I am here. Breathtaking views! We drove to Lions Head and hiked for a bit. The sun was so warm - and it's almost winter here. Spent several hours wandering around the V & A Waterfront and met her brother for dinner. I will start driving soon so that I can get around during the day. In the meantime we will take plenty of pictures which I will upload to this site soon. I'm off for a long walk on the beach!

No comments: