Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome to 2009

It's been a pretty busy last two weeks. Went to the condo in Silverthorne for Christmas and skied at Breckenridge on Christmas day. The condo was fun as always, exp. w/ the indoor hot tub. Watched Bad Santa and had some wine. All in all a very nice trip. Paula and Darren joined us as well.
Last week started off with warm weather on Monday so I played 9 at City Park. Three pins were frozen like popsicles. Tried to repair a few ball marks on the greens and they were frozen solid. Tough to stick a T in the ground! But played pretty well. Got to use the R7 Draw and hit the snot out of it! Thanks Dad....and Larry....for my X-Mas gift.
Skied on Tuesday at Keystone with Christian and Brandon. Christian took us hiking to the North Bowl where we found all kinds of powder staches. I tried to keep up with those kids but it was tough. Pretty steep and deep. Had a great time and slept well that night.
Ambereen had a New Years Eve party and I got to meet her Sister and her family.
Darren called Friday morning to see if I wanted to ski and since it was going to be in the 60's in Denver I suggested we play golf. Went to Willis Case to play 18. Nice public course with great views. I'll go there in the summer for sure.
This week promises to be fun as well, although I REALLY need to start looking for employment opportunities. The condo in Vail is open this week and I'm thinking of taking Ray up there for a few days to get some runs in. They've had about a foot of fresh over the weekend.

No comments: