Saturday, June 14, 2008

Time flies...when you're having fun!

2 weeks since my last post? I'm a slacker! Lots going on. Let's see. I'm working out / running at least six days a week. Getting in better shape so I can enjoy life out here.

Last Thursday was a great day - Hit the gym for a great workout in the morning then went to a Rockies game at 1 pm. Scored a nice parking spot and picked up a great seat for $10 from a scalper out front. It's amazing what you can get at the bottom of the third. They lost, but it was a gorgeous day. Then I ran over to Fossil Trace to meet Ray for 9 holes. Never played the back and carded a 42. With a 5 on a par 3. Missed two other birdie putts. Still pretty happy with that.

Last night was my first show to work at Red Rocks. Did I get the call for the Cure? No. REM? No. Cheryl Crowe? Nada. The Australian Bee Gees. WTF??
Oh well. That venue is amazing. Apparently I am low man on the totem pole.
I'm going to see Mark Knopfler on the 24th and Widespread Panic after that.

Looking to go camping next weekend to break things in. Planning a trip to the Silverton Durango narrow guage railway for my birthday. We'll take a train to the back country where they will let us off in the middle on nowhere so we can hike to any of three fourteeners that have very limited access by road. Good times!

No comments: