Sunday, March 16, 2008

Keystone again



Had an opportunity to check out a condo in Keystone for a few days. It's hard to wrap my head around a 540 square foot condo going for $330,000. WTF?

Had two great days of skiing. Thursday was nice and sunny. It snowed that evening and we ended up with 10" of snow in the back bowls. Had two minor incidents on the slopes though. Pretty lucky I didn't hurt myself. First one was in trees where I hit a jump between two trees only to find out the landing area was a sheer cliff with exposed rocks and timber. Tore up my ski pants and broke one of the zippers. Next day was on a run called Wolverine. Now my first few runs were some black diamonds with lots of moguls. They weren't too fun on Thursday as the sun melted the snow and it froze solid during the night on Wednesday. I figured the fresh powder would help. It did, but man - it's hard skiing down that stuff. Anyway, Wolverine is a steep mogul run through the trees. I was jammin' my way down and wiped out once. Got up and kept going. Wiped out for the second time. Got up and hit it again. Found myself going a little too fast in the deep stuff and didn't make a turn quick enough. Ended up headed between two big pine trees (and a little one in between). I missed the big ones but the little one caught me in my manhood. Lost a ski and tumbled downhill. I took a few minutes to collect myself. No blood. Everything worked. Hmm. Was that a sign? My ski day was over. I was pretty beat up.

It was time to watch the OSU / MSU game anyway. Headed to a bar in Keystone and ordered "your best margarita". Three margaritas later.........I didn't hurt so much ;)

Relaxed yesterday and took Cathy to the Cherry Cricket for dinner. They had a wild crowd celebrating St Patrick's Day and we had a nice time.

Planning on meeting the twins tonite at a bar two blocks from here - looking forward to that.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend of a friend who lives one block over and we're gonna cab it to LODO and hit Fado's at 10am to celebrate St Patty's day the right way.

No comments: