Friday, February 15, 2008

Breck rocks





I decided to head to Breckenridge Wednesday to ski. Figured I would drive out, ski and drive back. After a great day on the slopes I walked around the town and stopped by the Visitors Center. I saw a sign informing me that they could make hotel reservations. What the hell, I thought - let's check it out. I asked what the best deal was. $89 for a room at the Village at Breckenridge. Book in Danno - that's what I call a "no-brainer". SCORE!! Two queen beds, plasma TV, hot tubs, pub. Hit the pub and they had a comedy show. Good times. I did realize that few 20 something women are interested in older men :( Hilarious. Skied my ass off again Thursday (booked a full day lesson and only one other person in the class - a 14 year old boy from England). Jennifer was the instructor and she killed it. I decided to swing by the Welcome Center to see if I could call to get a room (no - you have to go in person. They have an arangement with many hotels for "last minute deals" and they scored again! Got a room at the Breckenridge Mountain Lodge right on Main Street. SCORE!! Hit the town - dinner and wine at Fatty's Pizza (met some cool locals) then stopped by a few other bars to check out the scene. Good times....
During the lesson I saw a sign on one of the restaurants (Vista Haus) for $5 breakfast burrito and a coffee. Couldn't get it out of my head. Got up this morning and hit the continental breakfast for a starter then walked (yep - walked!) to the lift. Made it to the Vista Haus and ordered the $5 special. Grabbed a drink and a table. Found a table next to the window with a view of the Continental Divide (what a view - stunning!) and dug ito the burrito. God was it terrible. Worse than McDonalds (not the McSkillet Burrito though - they rock). That was the worst part of my day ;) The weather was fantastic - blue skies, sunny and warm. The snow was great and just a little crowded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those 20 something girls are just not aware of what they are missing. Their loss!!!!!!!!!!