Sunday, May 31, 2009

Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell





Left the Grand Canyon and headed to Page, AZ. Ambereen booked a tour at Antelope Slot Canyon Tours- I'm sure you've seen pics. I'll post a few of them later. Camped on the beach at Lake Powell and rented a boat for a day of sightseeing. Thought it would be cool to camp RIGHT NEXT TO THE WATER. Bright idea. I had no idea the water level could increas 6" in a matter of hours. Somebody moved our tent the day we were on the boat. That would have been a buzz kill to come back to everything under water. Then a storm hit. That tent stayed put but I didn't secure the fly and poles properly as you can tell. The boat was a great call. We must have driven that thing 100 miles (it cost me over $100 in fuel for the day) but we toured several canyons and a good portion of the lake. Swimming near the dam was way cool. The water felt great and the Stranahan's was flowin!

No comments: