Friday, September 19, 2008

CU Boulder vs West Virginia


What a game! I worked the gate on the field at the Northeast corner and got THISCLOSE to Erin Andrews (she wants me - I could tell) and got to watch pretty much the entire game. What a show it was. The Buffs pulled ahead 14 - 0 with two quick scores then fell asleep. The game ended up going to OT where WVU's field goal attempt bounced off the post right in front of me. It was so close it sounded like a bell ringing. The Buffs took over and kicked a field goal on 3rd down to win it. It was mayhem - I pushed the gate back to let the fans rush the field and got the hell out of the way. The gate was also where the players and Ralphie entered. Ralphie is the mascot - a female bison who runs across the field with the players at the beginning of the game. I can't believe they can get away with that one - two handlers were being pulled on their stomachs across the field trying to hang on.

No comments: