Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spring is in the air


Well, I've been slacking on the blog I guess. Three weeks since the last post? Been keeping busy training for a 5k (consistently running for over 4 weeks now), hitting the gym and getting ready for hiking.
I've played golf at Fossil Trace and am playing at Arrowhead this weekend. Worked my first concert the other week - Juanez. I guess he's won 11 Grammy's in the Latino category. I never heard of him but he had quite a following. Lots of beautiful Latino women. Went hiking at Red Rocks with a friend last Sunday to break in my new hiking boots and pack. While we were on the hill I noticed a woman walking around my car. If you look closely at the picture, you'll see my red car with rock star parking on the bottom left. A work truck is parked behind me. Well, it turns out that truck had just backed into my car and ripped off the rear spoiler, tore a hole through the rear hatch, broke the tail light and damaged the rear quarter panel. So, I'm getting my car painted and someone else is paying for it - sweet!! It'll fix the road damage from the drive out here.
REI had a huge sale last week so I picked up a pack, stove, water filter and hiking shoes. Chris & Stace sent my sleeping bag and bedroll. Mom & Dad shipped my tents. All I need now is some bear spray! Hope to get to Utah soon for a hike. Maybe Memorial Day weekend.
Other than that, all is well. The weather here is a little crazy though. I ran yesterday when it was sunnay and 79. 2 hours later a cold front moved in with winds strong enough to stop me in my tracks. And a foot of snow in the high country. Flurries here this morning. Oh well, still better weather than Ohio!

No comments: